Mick is an established Exec level coach who works with MD’s and Operations Directors, transferring knowledge to deliver projects that deliver bottom line results.
Nurtured for 27 years in global automotive industry best practice by Nissan plus executive level leadership with DHL SC Automotive Sector, Mick has proven characteristics, skill-sets, knowledge and experience that will comfortably fit your business.
His purpose is to make people and businesses excel, by leaving a legacy.
He thrives in and relishes stretching scenarios.
His principles are based on trust, respect, strong leadership, teamwork, loyalty and making a contribution.
Mick’s commitment is to add value to the economy by engaging with clients to assist in overcoming difficulties, developing people and achieving their business aspirations.
Experienced in 20 countries with 43 OEMs, suppliers, dealers, logistics and functional experience incorporating design to after sales customer service.
Mick has regularly provided support to strategise, develop operations, troubleshoot, turnaround, support start-ups and deliver new model introduction programs for example.
His core strengths have proven to be:
- Lean Practitioner
- Lean Strategy Implementation
- Senior Management Coaching
- Strategy Execution
- Supply Chain Development
- Process Optimisation and Innovative Solutions
- he can walk the talk
- he delivers real results
- he delivers strategy, tactical projects, cultural change and transformation
- he delivers real results through Total Quality Management
- he achieves consistency at an economical cost
- he tailors effective solutions in the real world
Over 34 years of experience in the industry:
- Nissan Motor Manufacturing UK Ltd (19 years)
- Nissan Europe SAS (8 years)
- DHL SC Automotive Sector (7 years)
Key Roles, Responsibilities and Deliverables
At Nissan he learned all aspects of manufacturing and continuous improvement to embrace challenges that OEMs bring. He was fundamental in developing plant capability, CI infrastructure and best practice.
- Devised and managed NMUK Nissan Production Way Office.
- Supported European plants manufacturing performance.
- Trained plant management and supervisors to launch a new plant in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Initiated and sustained European TQM/Hoshin Kanri.
- Established and managed a supplier development cost reduction team.
- Delivered numerous volume change, launch & ROC scenarios.
At DHL SC as VP Global Automotive Sector, Mick provided core manufacturing & engineering expertise to develop 3PL services including IT, Solutions Design and Transportation. Also to facilitate internal & client workshops and to deliver bespoke training courses from Operatives to Senior Management.
- Operational Excellence, Innovation
- UK Lean Leader
- Sector Global Strategy
- Global Business Development, Supporting Key Customer Account Management and Renewal Strategies
- Global Product Development
- Sales Growth Support
- Nissan Senior IE Expert: Coach (One of only 7 in the world at the time)
- Senior Expert: Nissan Production Way
- Senior Expert: TQM/Hoshin-Kanri/Strategic Planning
- Senior Instructor: Nissan Training Within Industry
- Senior Instructor: JIT
- Senior Instructor: Quality Circles and Technical Problem Solving
- Value-Up Pilot: Monozokuri Total Cost Reduction (cross-function, cross-company, cross-alliance; from vehicle design to customer collection)
- Supply Chain:
- Inbound to Manufacturing
- Sequencing, Kitting, Line-feed
- After Market
- Automotive After Sales Services
A keen (some say crazy) triathlete, with four Ironman events under his belt, he likes to be outside in the fresh air and take on a personal challenge!